Sport England’s Club Matters launched on 12 February 2015. Club Matters is a One Stop Shop of support for sports clubs, which will provide support, learning and guidance on all aspects of running a club whether it is large, small, formal or informal.
Online Support – Club Matters will offer you help and guidance in all areas of club development from finances to marketing your club! There will be a range of support available including online toolkits, quick reference guides and e-learning modules.
Workshops – Club Matters workshops are free, short training sessions delivered across the country by experts in a range of specific areas. The sessions will develop your skills, improve your knowledge and ultimately help you develop your club. Sessions are specifically for sports clubs and will give you the opportunity to learn from other peoples’ experiences, working smart together!
Mentoring – Whether you want long term support, or just a short call to sound out your ideas, our Club Matters mentors can help. Our flexible mentoring scheme will offer more personal support to you and your club through online, group and one to one mentoring at a time and place to suit you.
Club Improvement Plan – An online health check for clubs of all sizes and at all stages of their development, to establish where they are performing well and where they can develop. This will provide your club with a tailored development plan, identifying recommended actions and priority areas.
Club Views – A club review tool allowing you to ask your members and volunteers what they think about your club and make suggestions on areas for improvement. You can choose from our pre-written questions or create your own bespoke review.
Clubmark – The universally acknowledged cross sport accreditation scheme for community sports clubs.
Why join Club Matters?
1. Convenient – the online nature means Club Matters is convenient and flexible to fit around your busy schedule
2. Free of charge – all materials and resources are free of charge including seminars and mentoring
3. Attract and retain members – improving your club management can help attract and retain members. Resources will help you to market your club to new members too
4. Practical tips and guidance – the tools and resources available are easy to understand and implement along with help from expert seminar facilitators and mentors
5. Understand your club & members – develop your club management skills and understand your members -use the club feedback tool to learn what they think of your club
6. Build a sustainable club – all the Club Matters tools aim to help your club remain sustainable for the future
7. Improve and develop your skills – the skills you learn through Club Matters resources and tools can be implemented at your club and help you to enhance your CV too